We agree with the concept of health as defined by the WHO: “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
We base our daily approach to patients on this definition. Our goal is therefore that of delivering a thorough medical assistance, with a special attention to recognising and correcting all factors that can negatively affect a person’s health.
This is the reason for which we pay special attention to foreigners staying in Milan or Rome.
We believe each and every person, even when far away from home and in a foreign country, should have the possibility of receiving prompt, first-rate medical attention. We also believe that this should be delivered in a comprehensible, comfortable and timely way.
Medelit’s healthcare team is formed by highly-selected, extremely qualified and experienced professionals.
We are committed to providing excellence in home healthcare:
- Accessibility and Contact: Our services can be easily booked by phone or email, payment can be done directly whilst booking, with a credit card. Our professionals are easily traceable and contactable.
- Dedicated time and privacy: Dedicated time is based on your needs. Your privacy is respected and guaranteed.
- Expertise, kindness and sensitiveness: Our professionals are selected for their high levels of ability and compassion.
Every person who will turn to Medelit will have the right to receive:
- A dignified and respectful treatment.
- A reserved, trustworthy and careful treatment.
- A corteous, reliable and timely service.
- A culturably sensibile and non-discriminating approach.
- Advance, clear and complete information regarding services offered.
- Assistance by qualified and well-coordinated staff and the safeguard of a Health Director who can be contacted in case of need.
- Complete information regarding his/her health status, participate in decisions regarding treatments and healthcare plans; anticipated warnings in case of changes in the healthcare plan; information so as to best understand services provided (also regarding potential religious or ethical issues).
- Freedom of will regarding the way services are provided.
- Information, prompt answers to questions and well-timed intervention in case of claims; the right of suggesting changes in the way services are provided.
- Prompt information, written or by phone on the costs of the services, the possibility of receiving discounts and/or refunds by third parties; regular invoice of the expenses sustained.
- Access to clinical records and in case of need, request a copy.
Power to exercise all rights reserved to patients or allow a family member/guardian to do so when unable to do it in first person.
If you are a Medelit patient you have the duty to:
- Supply our staff with complete and accurate information regarding your past and present health issues and actual needs.
- Treat our staff politely, with dignity and respect.
- Provide a safe and clean work environment for our operators.
- Be available and punctual at the moment and in the location of your appointment.
Readily pay the costs requested for our services and notify us by time (at least 24 hours beforehand) if you don’t think you need our assistance any more.