We agree with the concept of health as defined by the WHO:“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
On this definition we base our daily approach to our patients. It is the basis of our ethos.
Our goal is therefore that of delivering a thorough medical assistance with a special attention to recognising and correcting all factors that can negatively affect a person’s health.
Improving health is central to what we do. Providing home visits is a way of life for our healthcare professionals as they all believe that a warm and compassionate approach to healthcare contributes to more fulfilment and better outcomes for patients.
We believe each and every person should have the possibility of receiving prompt, first-rate medical attention in a comprehensible, comfortable and timely way and this is what we strive for in every visit we make.
Medelit’s healthcare team is formed by highly-selected, extremely qualified and experienced professionals. We are collectively involved and committed in our growth and success.
We are committed to providing excellence in home healthcare:
- Accessibility and Contact: Our services can be easily booked by phone or email, payment can be done directly whilst booking, with a credit card. Our professionals are easily traceable and contactable.
- Dedicated time and privacy: Dedicated time is based on your needs. Your privacy is respected and guaranteed.
- Expertise, kindness and sensitiveness: Our professionals are selected for their high levels of knowledge, ability and compassion.
- Respect: we protect and hold in esteem the dignity of patients, their family and loved ones and staff
Every person who will turn to Medelit will have the following rights:
- A reserved, dignified and respectful treatment.
- Trustworthy, evidence-based and careful medical care, according to current guidelines and best practice.
- A courteous, reliable and timely service.
- A culturally sensibile and non-discriminating approach.
- Advance, clear and complete information regarding services offered.
- Assistance by qualified and well-coordinated staff and the safeguard of a Clinical Director who can be contacted in case of need.
- Complete information regarding his/her health status, participate in decisions regarding treatments and healthcare plans; anticipated warnings in case of changes in the healthcare plan; information so as to best understand services provided (also regarding potential religious or ethical issues).
- Freedom of will regarding the way services are provided.
- Information, prompt answers to questions and well-timed intervention in case of claims; the right of suggesting changes in the way services are provided.
- Prompt information, written or by phone on the costs of the services, the possibility of receiving discounts and/or refunds by third parties; regular invoice of the expenses sustained.
- Access to clinical records and in case of need, request a copy.
- Be able to a family member/guardian exercise all rights if unable to do it in first person.
- be entitled to express a concern or make a complaint. Complaints will be dealt with fairly and promptly and the complainant will be promptly informed on the outcome.
If you are a Medelit patient your duty is to:
- Supply our staff with complete and accurate information regarding your past and present health issues and actual needs.
- Provide accurate and complete financial and health insurance information, if applicable.
- Treat our staff politely, with dignity and respect.
- Provide a safe and clean work environment for our home visiting staff.
- Be available and punctual at the moment and in the location of your appointment.
- Readily pay the costs requested for our services and notify us in advance (at least 24 hours beforehand) if you don’t think you need our assistance any more or need to reschedule your appointment.
- Participate in decisions regarding your care and request for further information whenever you have not clearly understood what you are being told.
- comply with Medelit’s Health and safety Policy, including our smoking policy.