Please note: MEDELIT is NOT an emergency care provider nor a substitute for emergency care.
If you think you are experiencing a medical emergency in the UK immediately dial 111, 999 or go to the nearest hospital’s A&E.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. Medelit may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued usage of this website will mean you accept those changes.
This website does not provide medical advice.
– Use of Website: All content in this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to represent a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Medelit ltd is not responsible for the content of links present on this website. Information requests may be sent to our email address.
– Copyright. All original materials on this website and their associated files are protected by copyright laws of the UK and treaties with other nations. Unless specified, no material on this website is to be considered in the public domain.
– Tradesmarks. All tradesmarks, service marks and logos displayed and used in this website are property of their respective owners and cannot be in any way used without written permission of the latter.
– License for Use. Medelit grants you a limited, revocable and nonexclusive license to access and make personal use of this website. You are not to download (other than page caching) or modify any portion of it, except with express written consent of Medelit ltd. This website or any of its portions may not be copied, reproduced, redistributed, republished, displayed, posted, transmitted or otherwise exploited for commercial use without Medelit ltd’s express written consent. Medelit does not in any way represent or warrant that your use of materials displayed on this website does not infringe the rights of third parties.
– Disclaimer. Medelit ltd does not warrant the accuracy or usefulness of the information provided through this website. Your only remedy for dissatisfaction with this website is to stop using it. All information is transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of this website and its suppliers. Accordingly, this website assumes no responsibility for delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with its use. The information provided on this website is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice nor as a substitute to any form of physician-patient or clinical relationship. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of what you read on this website.
– Your Communications. Any communication or material you transmit to this website by email or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, suggestions, etc., is and may be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary and shall not, in any way create a physician/patient relationship between us or cause Medelit ltd to create or retain any of your medical information. You agree that you will not send or transmit to the Medelit ltd website any communication or content that infringes or violates any rights of any party. Furthermore, you should be informed of the general security risks of transmitting information over a public network. Therefore, we are not in the position to assure you that the information will be kept private.
– Privacy. We refer you to our privacy statement for a complete discussion of how Medelit ltd uses information you communicate through our website.
Please read this statement carefully.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation to the GDPR and the DPA (together “Data Protection Legislation”). We are the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy.
The only information Medelit ltd receives on individual visitors is that supplied voluntarily by the latter.
Medelit ltd acts, in referral to all information supplied voluntarily by visitors using the website, according to the GDPR law for the protection of individual privacy.
You grant this website the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use your information in connection with its operating.
Security. Medelit ltd cannot warrant that the information submitted to this website will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. However, Medelit wishes to assure the integrity of its website and therefore any comments pertaining to our website or any websites accessed through our website links are greatly appreciated. The terms of this disclaimer, notice and agreement shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with UK Law.
1. Use of information: the information you voluntarily supply to Medelit through its website shall have the only purpose of enabling us to provide a complete and correct performance of the service you are requesting.
2. Treatment of your information: the information you supply may be managed and kept in the electronic as well as the printed form in our archive, in accordance with security measures as set forth by the Law.
3. Refusal to deliver the required information: your refusal to supply the required information will prevent us from delivering the services you requested.
4. Information handling: the information you supply will be handled by appointees in charge of the handling of personal and private data and could be communicated to third parties only for the finality of providing the possibility to access the service you requested, as referred to in point 1.
5. Information communication: none of the information you will provide us shall be subjected to distribution.
6. Transmission of data: the information you supply us cannot be transmitted to countries outside the EEA.
7. Your rights: in accordance with the Law you have the right to access your personal data, to ask for its update, correction, integration and cancellation or the transformation in an anonymous form (where possible) and restriction of use when handled in violation of the law.
8. Liability: in accordance with the law, Medelit ltd whose legal headquarters are in London, 74 Victoria Drive, has appointed a person especially responsible for the protection of your personal information.
Your privacy is important to us.
Use Made of the Information
Medelit Ltd may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
- Fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you or with a Patient you represent, and to provide you or the relevant Patient with information or services you or the Patient has requested
- Send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so
- Notify you of products and services we feel may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have provided the appropriate consent
- Monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the website and the services we provide via the website
Medelit Ltd processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
- Where the processing enables Medelit Ltd to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of Medelit Ltd’s network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with Medelit Ltd’s websites
- To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
If we obtain consent from you to do so, we may provide your personal details to third parties so that they can contact you directly in respect of services in which you may be interested. Where we are processing personal data we have obtained via the website on the basis of having obtained consent from you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information from us) please let us know by contacting us via the following webpage [insert link to webpage]. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us via the website and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
Third Party Sites
How Safe is your Information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will do our best to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you
- Third parties who may wish to contact you in respect of services or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure; and/or advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website
Please note we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- Sell any or all our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller
- Are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
- Need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Your Rights in Respect of your Data
If any of the information you provide to us via the website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us via the following webpage [insert webpage link].
If you wish to access or rectify the information we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us via the following webpage [insert webpage link]. We shall process your request to access your information within one month of receipt, or we’ll let you know within that timeframe if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact us via the website.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.